Scenic Overlook

on Wednesday, October 1, 2008


I was driving through the Pocono Mts last week, thinking about the busy-ness of life and all that the next month ahead holds. As I was driving I went past a sign that just reached into my car and snatched up my attention "Scenic Overlook Ahead". Although it was a sign I must have passed before when traveling down this road, it got my attention in a special way. When riding down the road of life, how often are we so caught up in the busy-ness of the moment that we miss the beauty of the journey?



Life and especially the Christian life is not simply a set of rules, regulations and rituals that are meant to sap away all of our energy. Instead, it is an invitation to an adventure. That persoective often comes when we realize that it's not always about the destination, its about the journey.

Although it took me an extra half hour to get home that day, I took the small detour up the mountain and to me it was very rewarding.

Today, enjoy the journey...


0 comments: